Subject: Information on Your Webpage
Thank you for providing audio of the first meeting. I found the meeting informative and I am looking forward to your future meetings. Right now I have some comments about the information that you plan to provide to the public on your website.
- Will the comments that we submit be kept for the record and will the panelist have easy access to them? Will the comments be made available to the public, like it was for the 2015 DGAC?
- Will you make public the information packet that was given to the panelist?
- There was no mention of the 2/19/16 Listening Session conducted by CNPP to solicit input from the stakeholders. Are the panelist aware that the transcript is available on the web?
- There was no mention of the 10/7/15 Congressional Hearing on the Dietary Guidelines. Both the video and transcript are available on the web. The hearing provides valuable information on why the study was authorized by Congress.
- For an objective summary of the 2015 DGA, I recommend the 2/2/16 Congressional Research Service report, “Dietary Guidelines for Americans: Frequently Asked Questions”, Report Number R44360.
Here are links to the information the I referred to in my submitted comment: